Friday, March 15, 2013

Black Tie Tee

I needed to do a t-shirt makeover.  There are so many good ones out there but I really wanted something classy that I could dress up a bit.  I saw a great You Tube video by Stitchless TV on how to do a bustle on the back of a t-shirt and I knew I had to try it.  I had a black Old Navy t-shirt and a ton of old black and white clothes that I could repurpose along with some cool black trim.  The first thing I did was add the pieces for the bustle to the back of the tee.  I didn't actually cut the t-shirt as it says to do in the video.  I just added the bustle on top of the shirt.  When I was done and tried it on it still looked like an Old Navy t-shirt to me.  Something else needed to be done...  So I cut the neckline into a v-neck and added a couple of scrap pieces from another shirt (part of which I used for the bustle) to make a collar.  That was it!  The final touch was adding the black trim to the v-neck and the top of the bustle using fabric glue.  I don't think it looks like an Old Navy t-shirt anymore.  What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment